The combination of tart fresh cranberries and sweet icing is a winner in these tender drop cookies.
From LorAnn Oils
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup whole milk
1 large egg
1/4 teaspoon LorAnn Super Strength Orange Oil (or 1 tsp. LorAnn Orange Bakery Emulsion)
2 1/2 cups fresh cranberries, chopped or pulsed a few times in a food processor
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon LorAnn vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
1/4 teaspoon LorAnn Super Strength Maple flavor (optional)
2 – 4 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease or line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until fluffy; about 3 – 5 minutes.
- Add milk, egg, and LorAnn Orange Oil (or Orange Bakery Emulsion) and mix well. Slowly mix in the dry ingredients, until just combined. Stir in cranberries and walnuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets. Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
- For frosting, combine the butter, sugar and vanilla. Beat in milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until frosting reaches desired consistency. Mix in LorAnn vanilla extract and LorAnn Maple flavor (if using). Spread icing onto cooled cookies.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.